Eight top reasons why buying a new build home makes more sense
3rd March 2022
There are many reasons why people decide to move house - it could be moving to a new area for a new job, it could be for a new relationship or you need more space for a growing family, or you just want a change! Here’s just a few of the benefits that a new built home has over an older existing property.
- It’s brand new and never been lived in before. It’s ready to go and you can start from scratch. Everything is new and squeaky clean – new tiles, flooring, kitchen units and appliances, new bathroom and shower.
- It’s a totally blank canvas (literally – with white walls and ceilings) that you can decorate and furnish to your own taste and not inherit someone elses tastes and dodgy home DIY.
- More environmentally friendly. Much more energy efficient and lower annual energy bills (up to 70% more efficient than a house built pre 1990) with improved draft proofing, double glazing and modern insulation. Reduced domestic water usage with dual flow cisterns and fitted showers helps reduce your carbon footprint.
- With everything being brand new it means fewer repairs and lower maintenance costs.
- Additional peace of mind with a 10 year warranty on the property and 2 year guarantee on appliances
- Improved safety with fire resistant materials, smoke alarms, modern wiring and the latest technology.
- Heightened security with improved security features, locks and lighting.
- Ease of purchase – generally new build properties are so much easier and quicker to purchase.